The ERCU Board of Directors will hold a special meeting at 3 p.m. on Sunday, May 24, 2020, via Zoom.
The purpose of the meeting is to finalize season start planning, and assist the race coordinator with identification of race dates to build a new 10-race season.
We also have unfinished business on the agenda to discuss potential changes to the club bylaws, which will be rolled out to the membership after this discussion, in the form of a recommendation that members will be asked to consider and provide feedback on.
The meeting is open to any ERCU member who would like to participate to know what deliberations the board is having.
The Zoom invitation is below.
Topic: ERCU Board of Directors Zoom Meeting
Time: May 24, 2020 03:00 PM Pacific Time (US and Canada)
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 668 946 9049
One tap mobile
+16699009128,,6689469049#,,1#,472782# US (San Jose)
+12532158782,,6689469049#,,1#,472782# US (Tacoma)
Dial by your location
+1 669 900 9128 US (San Jose)
+1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
+1 646 558 8656 US (New York)
+1 301 715 8592 US (Germantown)
+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
Meeting ID: 668 946 9049
Find your local number: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/kpjQH6NMF
The ERCU Board of Directors has approved a Plan to Start the 2020 Season, with the COVID-19 Restrictions from the State of Washington as its guideline.
Based on the "Washington Phased Approach to Reopening Business and Modifying Physical Distance Requirements", will look to start the season June 27 at Longview or July 11 at Lacey, depending on whether the state has yet reached Phase 3 in the Return Plan.
Race Site Guidelines
When ERCU reopens for the 2020 season, the following guidelines will be in place, and are strongly encouraged by the board of directors.
Rest assured racers, there is a lot of work going on to get ERCU ready to go racing in 2020. The board of directors is currently working on a plan that is targeted to run a full season, without canceling any races. With the state's plan to re-open our economy, it's clear that groups of 5-50 gathering in the same place won't be permitted until Phase 3. It appears that the state won't enter Phase 3 until late June or early July, so the club is setting the target of its plan around that range of dates.
The plan, which is still being finalized by the board of directors, will certainly have the season begin with the Champion Spark Plug Regatta, the Jack Regas Memorial, and so on, as planned. The simple reason for this is that we've already ordered (and taken delivery of) the award plates for these races. Seems silly to waste them.
Our plan is to have the plan finalized and approved by the board in time for the state's transition to Phase 2, when we will announce the details of the plan and the new schedule for racing. This will provide membership 2-3 weeks to finish up last-minute preparations for the season opener.
We'll keep you updated as further changes happen and new developments occur.
Thank you all for your patience and understanding during these unprecedented times in our country.