Fellow Boat Racers & fans of ERCU,
With the ongoing concern over containing the spread of COVID-19, the ERCU Board of Directors has been closely following events, recommendations by the Center for Disease Control (CDC), and regulations by Governor Inslee’s office.
With our first race of the season set for Saturday, April 4, we are paying close attention to these issues with the safety and health of our members and spectators in mind.
Since there will easily be fewer than 250 people in attendance at the event, we are not subject to the Governor’s order that events with 250 or more attendees be canceled or rescheduled.
It is our recommendation, at this time (and we do reserve the right to change if conditions warrant) that we keep the Champion Spark Plug Regatta, and all other races, as scheduled until the crisis period is over, or a different decision is made by the board.
We offer the following conditions, in order to keep fairness in place for all, for all scheduled ERCU race events through the duration of the crisis:
Further, for those who do choose to race, we issue the following stipulations:
This a very serious issue, and we want all members to know we are giving it the highest level of consideration for the health and safety of our members. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us if you have questions or concerns with this decision.
ERCU Board of Directors